There are plenty of unique winter activities to undergo in New Jersey, at the marvelous Atlantic coast of the United States. People flock to the state to witness the most fun attractions, including amusing water parks, ice rinks, and historical museums. Moreover, New Jersey is packed with splendid national parks, stunning beaches, unique pine forests, and endless opportunities to practice winter sports. Additionally, iconic New Jersey is known as the Garden State thanks to its lush state parks, diverse wildlife, and huge sandy beaches. However, the most beautiful scenes unfold in New Jersey after the first snowfall, where the state turns into a magical winter wonderland. It becomes a dream destination for anyone wishing to take a fantastic break during the colder months of the year.
Here Are The Best Jersey Shore Towns To Visit During Winter
When vacationing in Jersey Shore, a must-visit destination is Atlantic City, which boasts many clubs and casinos open all year round. Moreover, New Jersey’s tallest lighthouse and America’s third-tallest, Absecon Lighthouse, is located in Atlantic City. Another attraction worth witnessing in this location is the nearby Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine.
People can enjoy an inside look at sea animals during rehabilitation, educational exhibits, and a gift shop. Additionally, visitors with kids to Atlantic City will be amused by the fun at Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum.
- Where to stay: People are encouraged to stay at The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino when visiting Atlantic City.
- Recommended: It is advisable to attend Restaurant Week in Atlantic City, an annual tradition.
- Address: Atlantic City, Atlantic County, Exit 38.
Hammonton is another beautiful town to visit when spending a vacation on the Jersey Shore. This area is famous for its unique breweries and wineries. However, the city boasts a large number of attractions other than drinking and touring wineries. It is worth hitting Hammonton’s busy downtown and checking the beautiful shops and restaurants and the unique Eagle Theatre. Moreover, one of the best things to enjoy at Hammonton is to try the best hot chocolate served in South Jersey at the town’s Casciano Coffee.
- Where to stay: White Horse Winery is the perfect place to stay in Hammonton. The site has six guest rooms and offers the most delicious breakfast in Hammonton.
- Address: Hammonton, Atlantic County, Exit 38.
Here’s Why To Visit Galloway When Vacationing In New Jersey Shore During The Winter Season
Also, in Atlantic County, Galloway is home to various attractions that people can enjoy when vacationing on Jersey Shore during the winter season. The town is known for its Historic Smithville, an old-fashioned village that features footbridges, cobblestone streets, and more than 60 shops.
At this 17th-century landmark, people will enjoy savory tasting food and buying unique collectibles, beautiful clothing, lovely candles, and fun toys. Moreover, visiting the Edwin B Forsythe Wildlife Refuge is a must in Galloway since the area attracts beautiful winter birds, including American black ducks, piping plovers, and Atlantic brants. Moreover, the wildlife refuge spans more than 47,000 acres.
- Where to stay: To behold the beauty of lakeside views, luxurious decor, and porches, it’s worth staying at The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville in Galloway.
- Address: Galloway, Atlantic County, Exit 41.
The Towns At Cape May County Are A Must See During A Winter Vacation In Jersey Shore
The marvelous Willow Creek Winery and Cape May Brewing Company are located in the beautiful town of Cape May, and people who love wine and beer must not end their trip to Jersey Shore without savoring the yummy taste at those two iconic places. Visiting Cape May’s Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum and The Museum of Cape May County will amuse Lovers of history.
- Where to eat: There are a handful of restaurants that offer tasty dishes in Cape May. The Washington Inn is a great place to eat. Another one is the Peter Shields Inn and Restaurant.
- Where to stay: It’s worth staying at The Star Inn during a visit to Cape Town.
- Address: Cape May, Cape May County, Exit 0.
Ocean City is another marvelous place to visit in Cape May County on Jersey Shore. The town is a fishing destination that is open all year round. During December, people enjoy fishing for cod, ling, and blackfish.
On the other hand, October and November are for striped bass. Moreover, the Back Bay is a perfect viewpoint for watching migrating birds. Ocean City boasts more than 100 shops and eateries in its famous Asbury Avenue shopping district. Additionally, it is worth visiting the Ocean City Historical Museum to learn more about this iconic town.
- Where to stay: To enjoy most ocean views, people can stay at the Port-O-Call Hotel in Ocean City. This allows one to go to the town’s famous boardwalk, only half a mile away from the hotel.
- Address: Ocean City, Cape May County, Exit 30.
Another town worth visiting in Cape May County during the winter season is Stone Harbor. Jersey Shore is home to great counties and many towns that are great for visiting during the winter season. Those include Monmouth County, where people can head to Asbury Park, Red Bank, and Spring Lake. Another one is Ocean County, known for the beautiful towns of Long Beach Island, Point Pleasant, and Toms River.
11 Major Cultural Differences Between America And Canada (11 Things Oddly Similar)
About The Author
Gabriel Kirellos (91 Articles Published)
Gabi is a professional banker and article writer that works in the business field and writes blog posts and articles for several companies. He has more than 8 years of work experience in Banking and Finance. Gabi is passionate about music, stars, business, writing, and living life to the fullest. He strives to exceed expectations with any task he takes on. He loves traveling, reading, partying, and making friends.