Through 3 Quarters
Both the Chicago Bulls and the Washington Wizards have kept the scorekeepers busy with 204 between them three quarters in. It’s looking more and more like Chicago’s high-powered offense is just too much for Washington as the Bulls lead 109-95.
Chicago has been relying on point guard Lonzo Ball, who has shot 6-for-10 from downtown and has recorded 18 points and four dimes, and center Nikola Vucevic, who has posted a double-double on 13 boards and 12 points along with six assists. A double-double would be Vucevic’s seventh in a row. One thing to keep an eye out for is Derrick Jones Jr.’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Washington has been relying on the performance of shooting guard Bradley Beal, who has 22 points and six assists.
Washington has lost 77% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Washington @ Chicago
Current Records: Washington 19-19; Chicago 25-10
What to Know
The Washington Wizards have enjoyed the comforts of home their last four games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Chicago Bulls at 8 p.m. ET on Friday at United Center. Coming off of a loss in a game they were expected to win, the Wizards nows face the more daunting task of proving themselves against unfavorable odds.
Washington lost 114-111 to the Houston Rockets on Wednesday on a last-minute jumper from Houston’s Kevin Porter as the clock expired. One thing holding Washington back was the mediocre play of small forward Deni Avdija, who did not have his best game: he played for 33 minutes but put up just eight points on 2-for-12 shooting.
Speaking of close games: Chicago sure made it a nail-biter, but they managed to escape with a 102-98 win over the Orlando Magic on Monday. The overall outcome was to be expected, but Orlando made it more of a contest than the oddsmakers had predicted. Small forward DeMar DeRozan (29 points) and shooting guard Zach LaVine (27 points) were the top scorers for the Bulls.
The Wizards are now 19-19 while Chicago sits at 25-10. Chicago is 17-7 after wins this year, and Washington is 9-9 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: NBC Sports Chicago
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $56.72
The Bulls are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulls as a 6.5-point favorite.
Chicago have won 12 out of their last 22 games against Washington.
- Jan 01, 2022 – Chicago 120 vs. Washington 119
- Feb 08, 2021 – Washington 105 vs. Chicago 101
- Dec 31, 2020 – Chicago 133 vs. Washington 130
- Dec 29, 2020 – Chicago 115 vs. Washington 107
- Feb 23, 2020 – Chicago 126 vs. Washington 117
- Feb 11, 2020 – Washington 126 vs. Chicago 114
- Jan 15, 2020 – Chicago 115 vs. Washington 106
- Dec 18, 2019 – Chicago 110 vs. Washington 109
- Apr 03, 2019 – Chicago 115 vs. Washington 114
- Mar 20, 2019 – Chicago 126 vs. Washington 120
- Feb 09, 2019 – Washington 134 vs. Chicago 125
- Dec 28, 2018 – Chicago 101 vs. Washington 92
- Apr 01, 2018 – Chicago 113 vs. Washington 94
- Feb 10, 2018 – Washington 101 vs. Chicago 90
- Dec 31, 2017 – Washington 114 vs. Chicago 110
- Mar 17, 2017 – Washington 112 vs. Chicago 107
- Jan 10, 2017 – Washington 101 vs. Chicago 99
- Dec 21, 2016 – Washington 107 vs. Chicago 97
- Nov 12, 2016 – Chicago 106 vs. Washington 95
- Mar 16, 2016 – Washington 117 vs. Chicago 96
- Feb 24, 2016 – Chicago 109 vs. Washington 104
- Jan 11, 2016 – Washington 114 vs. Chicago 100
Injury Report for Chicago
- Alex Caruso: Out (Foot)
- Tyler Cook: Out (Ankle)
- Javonte Green: Out (Groin)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Washington
- Brad Wanamaker: Out (Covid-19)
- Davis Bertans: Out (Foot)
- Anthony Gill: Out (Covid-19)
- Montrezl Harrell: Out (Covid-19)
- Rui Hachimura: Out (Covid-19)
- Tremont Waters: Out (Covid-19)
- Thomas Bryant: Out (Knee)