How to watch Thunder vs. Timberwolves basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Minnesota Timberwolves and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Oklahoma City Thunder 105-80.
Minnesota has been relying on point guard D’Angelo Russell, who has dropped a double-double on 22 points and ten dimes, and shooting guard Anthony Edwards, who has shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and has recorded 21 points, seven assists and five rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jaden McDaniels’ foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Small forward Luguentz Dort (18 points) has been the top scorer for Oklahoma City.
The Thunder have lost 88% of their games in which they were down going into the fourth quarter. Barring a miraculous turnaround, this contest will end the same way.
Minnesota @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Minnesota 18-20; Oklahoma City 13-24
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves and the Oklahoma City Thunder will face off in a Northwest Division clash at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 7 at Paycom Center. The Timberwolves won’t have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 5-point advantage in the spread.
Oklahoma City is out to make up for these teams’ contest on Wednesday. Minnesota walked away with a 98-90 victory. They can attribute much of their success to point guard Patrick Beverley, who shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 20 points and six dimes, and shooting guard Anthony Edwards, who had 22 points in addition to five steals and five rebounds.
Minnesota’s win brought them up to 18-20 while OKC’s loss pulled them down to 13-24. Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Minnesota has only been able to knock down 43.20% percent of their shots, which is the fourth lowest field goal percentage in the league. Oklahoma Cities have had an even harder time: they have only been able to knock down 41.30% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league. It could be a slow night.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Paycom Center — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Timberwolves are a 5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Timberwolves as a 5.5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won 13 out of their last 23 games against Minnesota.
- Jan 05, 2022 – Minnesota 98 vs. Oklahoma City 90
- Mar 22, 2021 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. Minnesota 103
- Feb 06, 2021 – Oklahoma City 120 vs. Minnesota 118
- Feb 05, 2021 – Minnesota 106 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Jan 25, 2020 – Oklahoma City 113 vs. Minnesota 104
- Jan 13, 2020 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Minnesota 104
- Dec 06, 2019 – Oklahoma City 139 vs. Minnesota 127
- Apr 07, 2019 – Oklahoma City 132 vs. Minnesota 126
- Mar 05, 2019 – Minnesota 131 vs. Oklahoma City 120
- Jan 08, 2019 – Minnesota 119 vs. Oklahoma City 117
- Dec 23, 2018 – Minnesota 114 vs. Oklahoma City 112
- Jan 10, 2018 – Minnesota 104 vs. Oklahoma City 88
- Dec 01, 2017 – Oklahoma City 111 vs. Minnesota 107
- Oct 27, 2017 – Minnesota 119 vs. Oklahoma City 116
- Oct 22, 2017 – Minnesota 115 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Apr 11, 2017 – Oklahoma City 100 vs. Minnesota 98
- Jan 13, 2017 – Minnesota 96 vs. Oklahoma City 86
- Dec 25, 2016 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. Minnesota 100
- Nov 05, 2016 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. Minnesota 92
- Mar 11, 2016 – Minnesota 99 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- Jan 27, 2016 – Oklahoma City 126 vs. Minnesota 123
- Jan 15, 2016 – Oklahoma City 113 vs. Minnesota 93
- Jan 12, 2016 – Oklahoma City 101 vs. Minnesota 96
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Derrick Favors: Out (Back)
- Vit Krejci: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Isaiah Roby: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Patrick Beverley: Out (Groin)
- Leandro Bolmaro: Out (Covid-19)